Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited ("Subaru Australia") has been advised by Fuji Heavy Industries ("FHI" the Japanese manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) that certain Subaru Model including Subaru Impreza, Subaru Liberty, Subaru Outback, Subaru Tribeca, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Forester vehicles equipped with a Takata front passenger airbag PSPI-L inflator with propellant wafers, may have an increased potential for moisture intrusion over time. This could make the inflator assembly prone to rupture during airbag deployment, increasing the risk of occupant injury.
HAVE ANY FAILURES OCCURRED IN AUSTRALIA?
No. There are no reported failures relating to this recall in Australia. Nevertheless, Subaru Australia has decided to carry out this recall out of an abundance of caution, following notification from FHI. Further, this recall is being conducted as a precautionary measure. The fact that this recall is being conducted does not necessarily mean that the front passenger airbag inflator installed in recalled vehicles is in fact defective.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you are the registered owner of a vehicle that is subject to this recall. You can confirm whether or not your vehicle is affected by cross referencing your VIN on the Subaru Website https://www.subaru.com.au/recallFIND OUT MORE
- Recall - MY15 WRX and STI Harman Kardon Subwoofer
- Recall - MY08-13 Impreza & WRX & MY09-12 Forester Front Passenger Airbag Inflator (Extended VIN range)
- Recall - MY04-07 Impreza Front Passenger Airbag Inflator
- Recall - MY07-09 Tribeca Front Passenger Airbag Inflator
- Recall - MY09 Liberty and Outback Front Passenger Airbag Inflator (Extended VIN Range)
- Recall - MY09-13 Tribeca Front Passenger Airbag (Extended VIN Range)
- Recall - MY10-14 Exiga Front Passenger Airbag Inflator
- Recall - MY10-14 Liberty and Outback Front Passenger Airbag Inflator
- Recall - MY08-13 Impreza & WRX and MY09-12 Forester Front Passenger Airbag Inflator (Extended VIN range)
- Recall - MY04-09 Liberty and Outback Front Passenger Airbag Inflator
- Recall - Liberty GT, Impreza WRX/STI and Forester XT Secondary Air Pump Relay
- Recall - MY13-15 BRZ Electric Power Steering
- Recall - MY10-14 Liberty and Outback Front Wiper Motor
- Recall - MY17 Impreza Reprograming Infotainment unit
MAKE A BOOKING
If your vehicle is affected By the Takata Airbag Recall Bartons Bayside Subaru are now taking bookings with all parts in stock. We can attend to this airbag recall while you wait (2 hour booking) or Take advantage of our Free Loan Car offer.